Glass Filled PLA 3D printer filament is a first-of-its-kind engineering-grade filament that can be used on any machine capable of printing standard PLA. Glass Filled PLA filament offers similar benefits of standard PLA such as a very low warp, low odor, and no special extruder or heated bed needed. But the power of its composite make-up allows it to be stronger, tougher and more flexible.
- Stronger: 1.4 times stronger than standard PLA at 57 MPa of max tensile strength.
- Tougher: 1.3 times tougher than standard PLA with 34 J/m of Impact Toughness.
- More Flexible: 1.9 times more flexible than PLA with a tensile elongation of 3.4% before failure.
- Quality: All 3D-Fuel 3D printer filament is manufactured in our own production facility located in Fargo, North Dakota or in Moville, Ireland (depending on customer location). We have complete control over the manufacturing process and are able to ensure consistent quality for every spool.
- Diameter Tolerance: Variable diameter can cause big problems in your 3D printer. We use a multi-axis laser measurement system to control our filament diameter and ovality in real time during production. Every spool has the diameter and ovality measurements listed right on the box.
- Packing Information: A full 0.5kg�(1.1lbs) of plastic filament arrives on an easy-to-use plastic reel and is vacuum sealed with a desiccant packet to keep out any moisture.
- Test Printing: The 3D-Fuel test lab features multiple brands of 3D printers. We 3D print what we manufacture to ensure that our filament provides the absolute best quality possible.
Glass Filled PLA prints well at 190-210 C. These are general starting points for Glass Filled PLA, actual temperatures will vary from one printer to another. A heated bed is not necessary, though if you have one, set it to 40 C.